Welcome to Red Rock Elementary! We are committed to excellence for all students. We thank you for your support in having your child attend each day. We teach the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), our state-mandated curriculum, as well as other important 21st century skills to make sure that our students are ready for the world ahead of them! As parents, you are our partners in your child’s education. We ask you to join us in making lifelong learning and the development of the whole child our priority.
Here are some friendly reminders:
- Please bring your child to school on time. School begins at 7:25 a.m. Any student who arrives to class after the 7:30 a.m. bell is considered tardy. Please make every effort to have your child at school by 7:25 a.m. The Car Lane is usually very busy, so make sure you allow extra time.
- When dropping off at school, please remember that students are not allowed to walk through the parking lot alone to ensure their safety. You may park in any available parking space and walk your child to the door, but for their safety you may not drop them in the parking lot. Also, please remember Handicap Parking spaces are only for cars with the appropriate handicap tags and license plates.
- If your child is absent, please call the office by 9 am. When your child returns to school, please send a doctor's note and/or written note including student's name, teacher, date(s) and reason for absence(s). Please call the office before 2 p.m. to make any change to your child's transportation for the day. We cannot honor change of transportation requests after 2 p.m.
- Please support your child with the completion his or her homework. Homework is given as an important practice to reinforce skills already taught in the classroom. It is not busy work, but a valuable learning tool. This will help your child build a strong school to home connection.
- Red Rock Elementary uses Thursday folders as a means to communicate school activities with parents. Some teachers may also use a daily folder for reading logs and agendas. Check your child’s folder or agenda when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers. In times that are busy, it is our hope that Thursday folders will add regular and consistent communication that is predictable for families.
- Please read with or to your child every night. Reading is a skill critical to the mastery of all other subjects and an important learning habit.
- Practice those math facts! Simple flashcards are a great tool and way to practice this important foundation that our children need.
- Occasionally, we may have to contact you through phone, mail or email. Please help us keep your contact information updated when changes are made. It is also important to communicate with your child’s teacher. Please feel free to contact him/her before or after school or during their conference times.
- At RRE, we will make an effort to protect instructional time. For this reason, we ask that you schedule a time to see your teacher before or after school or on their conference period. We do not send parents to classrooms during instruction unless previously scheduled.
- We love to celebrate our students' birthdays with them and with you! Should you wish to bring a treat for your student's birthday, please do so after 2:15 pm and we will be happy to send you to their classroom to celebrate. It is always helpful to let the teacher know if you plan a birthday celebration.